2018 Golden Globe Race : Jean-Luc Van Den Heede crowned winner of the 2018 race
mardi 23 avril 2019 –
Toutes les versions de cet article : [English] [français]
And all but two of Van Den Heede’s rivals made the pilgrimage to the Race finish port to applaud his performance in besting Sir Robin’s original circumnavigation by 100 days aboard his Rustler 36 Matmut. 5th placed Finnish skipper Tapio Lehtinen is still more than 2,000 miles from the finish, but made a live satellite call broadcast to the thousands of spectators thronged the open-air seafront presentation. "I’m maximising on my entry fee for this race and enjoying every minute of the Race." he joked.
Sir Robin also joined the celebrations via a live link from Falmouth to congratulate everyone, saying that their efforts have inspired so many people around the world to challenge themselves in this and other adventures.
WINNER GGR 2018 Jean-Luc VDH (FRA) Matmut 211D 23H 12M-Suhaili timber perpetual model and trophy model RALF TECH Winners’ watch BOATSHED.COM Â£5000 winners purse-
2nd : Mark Slats (NED) Ohpen Maverick 216D 00H 18M Trophy model of Suhaili-
3rd : Uku Randmaa (EST) One and All 254D 18H 40M Trophy model of Suhaili-1st Corinthian (Unsponsored) entry trophy
4th :Istvan Kopar (USA/HUN) 264D 01H 38M -
Susie Goodall (GBR) : Kay Kottee Trophy for First Woman in 2018 GGR
Tapio Lehtinen (FIN) : McIntyre Adventure Spirit of GGR Trophy
Already, 20 sailors from 10 Countries have signed up to compete in the next Golden Globe Race slated to start on 4th September 2022, and many more have expressed an interest to compete.
2022 GGR entrants to date.
- 1 John Clarke (47) GBR - Nicholson 32 MKX
- 2 Ian Herbert Jones (49) GBR - Tradewind 35
- 3 Guy Waites (52) GBR
- 4 Ertan Beskardes (57) GBR - Rustler 36
- 5 Simon Curwen (60) GBR - Biscay 36
- 6 Robin Davie (67) GBR - Rustler 36
- 7 Confidenial GBR
- 8 Arnaud Gaist (47) FRA Barbican 33 MKII (long keel version)
- 9 Confidential FRA
- 10 Guy deBoer (63) USA
- 11 Doug Dean JOHNSON (53) USA - Rustler 36
- 12 Matthew Wright (49) AUS
- 13 Michael Date (57) AUS Aries 32
- 14 Confidenial AUS
- 15 Michael Guggenberger (41) AUT - Endurance 35
- 16 Gaurav Shinde (32) CAN
- 17 Pat Lawless (62) IRE Saga 36
- 18 Guido Cantini (50) ITA Vancouver 34
- 19 Confidenial NZL - Rustler 36
- 20 Confidenial NOR
Total : 10 Country, 7 British, 3 Australian, 2 France, 2 American, 1 Austria, 1 Canada, 1 Irish, 1 Italy, 1 New Zealand, 1 Norway. 12 with Boats already."
Voir en ligne : Press info www.goldengloberace.com
Dans la même rubrique
#OffshoreSailing : Offshore World Championship : L30 adopted BY World Sailing